Save Your Brain: The Six-Week Rescue Plan
I am finishing up a new video course I created in response to reader requests for help on how to get started and follow through with a brain health program. It’s called Save Your Brain: The Six-Week Rescue Plan and is the first installment in a series of instructional video courses I’ll be offering called the One-to-One series.
I break the information in my book Why Isn’t My Brain Working? into small chunks of information that I discuss on video, which is accompanied by a workbook. This allows you to proceed step by step through a program of improving your brain health.
I realize many people with compromised brain function have difficulty following a book and remembering what they have read as they go along. Hopefully this will help make the information more manageable and easier to implement.
For more information and to watch a teaser video, GO HERE.
Listen to My Talk on Depression
We talked about the little known causes of depression during the online Depression Sessions event, hosted by Sean Croxton of Underground Wellness.
The Depression Sessions features almost two dozen natural health experts speaking on the topic of depression and anxiety.
You can still order the Depression Sessions here to hear my talk and that of others’. You will find it packed with great info.
During my Depression Sessions we discussed the following:
- How antidepressants don’t address many factors that cause depression.
- Why traumatic brain injuries often show up as depression, even years later.
- How chronic gut problems, inflammation, or unmanaged autoimmunity can cause brain inflammation, leading to depression.
- How other symptoms that present with depression — anxiety, insomnia, brain fog — can help you determine its cause.
Introductory Video to Thyroid Book
Do you take thyroid hormones yet still suffer from symptoms? If so, join millions of Americans who, despite normal test results, suffer low thyroid symptoms because they are misdiagnosed or mismanaged.
Treating the thyroid is often ineffective. Find the real culprit, and why it doesn’t show up on a standard blood test.
If you are a health care practitioner and would like a more detailed, larger format of the thyroid book slide show, please contact us.
What your doctor hasn’t told you about hypothyroidism, and what you need to know
- For 90% of Americans, hypothyroidism is caused by Hashimoto’s, an autoimmune thyroid disease
- Thyroid replacements–Synthroid, Armour, Cytomel–may normalize TSH, but they do not manage the autoimmune disease symptoms
- You should avoid gluten strictly—studies link gluten intolerance with Hashimoto’s
- Pituitary function plays a role in underactive thyroid symptoms
- Adrenal function plays a role in underactive thyroid symptoms
- Thyroid hormone resistance, underconversion to T3, overconversion to T3, and other metabolic factors drive hypothyroidism symptoms